5 Short Answer Questions. Answer Each Individually. Rea
1) After the fall of the Qing Dynasty in 1911, Sun Yat-sen proclaimed China a republic. Burbank and Cooper argue that China was not able to become an effective “national entity, either before or after World War I”. Why was this the case? How did Imperial Japan take advantage of China’s vulnerabilities in the 1930s?
2) What was the Russian Revolution of 1917? What factors led to it? How did it impact WWI? Be specific!
3) The Treaty of Versailles is often cited as one of the catalysts for WWII. Why do you think that is? Be specific!
4) What do you think accounts for the global rise of fascism in the 1930s? Be specific and draw on the module materials if possible.
5) In your opinion, how did the two world wars (and interwar period) affect those under European colonial rule? I realize this is a broad question with many different ways to approach it. So, choose ONE aspect you want to expand upon and be specific in your response.