In this project you will be researching your state’s correctional system — covering both community-based and institutional settings. Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation using a minimum of three references and APA style.
Locate the website for your state’s correctional department by conducting a search: “Your State Department of Corrections.” If you are unable to find the required information on your own state’s website, please use one of following comprehensive state websites to complete this Assignment:
Your Assignment must address the following:
- What are three goals of community-based corrections?
- Identify and describe at least three types of community-based corrections available in your state, such as probation, parole, and reentry programs.
- Are community based corrections effective? Consider the historical impact of community based corrections and discuss any research findings available on state and/or national websites (Note: look for headings titled Research and/or Publications) or from other outside sources to assess the effectiveness of these programs. Be sure to cite specific research from at least three sources and utilize data that will defend your conclusion on whether or not community based corrections are effective.
- Check the slide length requirement excluding your introduction and reference slides.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Limit slides to between 5 and 7 lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
Visit the Writing Center for excellent resources when creating PowerPoint presentations.
Download and review the Assignment Checklist.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment
Create your project in PowerPoint and save your document in the following format: Last name First name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn Unit 6 Assignment). Submit your Assignment by selecting the Unit 6: Assignment 2 Dropbox by the end of Unit 6.