Infographics are visual representations of information. They can include numbers, text, images, or any combination of the three. Just as in traditional writing assignments, infographics can take on any of the various rhetorical modes — informative, instructive, descriptive, persuasive, etc. Infographics provide a quick way to convey a lot of information. For example, this infographic from the American Association of Nurse Practitioners conveys data related to NPS much more concisely than another paragraph inserted here could have ( https://www.aanp.org/all-about-nps/what-is-an-np-2 ):
Students will create an infographic on the topic of Advanced Practice Nursing. You will create an infographic that is easily understood by the lay public or general population. The infographic should provide information useful to communicating the “What, Why, When and How” of APN.
1. The student will select a platform (tool) for building their infographics. There are plenty of great infographic platforms out there. Most are free but may require that you do set up an account. Check out Infogr.am , Easelly, Piktochart , and Visme.
2. Create the Infographic using one of the above platforms.
3. Post completed infographic in PDF format
4. Students are not required to purchase a membership to any third-party sites. If you cannot download a PDF without purchase, please submit a screenshot(s) of your final product for grading.
· Format: PDF of visual
· Include citation & references, APA 7th ed
· Plagiarism free.
· Turnitin receipt.