Overview: For this assignment, you will write a short paper proposing a solution to the specific issue you have chosen to research for your final project. This should be an evidence-based solution, one comprised from the analysis you have done so far on your chosen issue. By proposing a solution to a significant issue and analyzing how this issue negatively affects public perception of the criminal justice system, this paper will help prepare you for the preliminary recommendations you will offer to the mayor as part of Milestone Three in Module Seven.
First, to assist you in this task, consider the problem-solving method known as SARA (scanning, analysis, response, and assessment) as well as the problem analysis triangle outlined by the Center for Problem-Oriented Policing.
Prompt: Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
1. Issue Presented: Summarize the issue in the form of a brief one-sentence question.
2. Short Answer: Provide a short answer which summarizes the conclusion of the paper.
3. Statement of Facts: Describe how the issue may negatively affect public perception of the criminal justice system.
4. Discussion: Provide a brief discussion of the issue, including the recent history of the issue and any legal precedents related to it.
5. Conclusion: Provide a conclusion based on the details of the issue outlined in the Discussion section.
a) What are some of the complexities to proposing a solution to your chosen issue?
b) What immediate actions need to be taken to implement the proposed solution? Be sure to justify the necessity and feasibility of these actions with evidence.
c) What are the types of necessary data required to assess whether or not your proposed solution will be successful in its implementation?
d) Apply criminological theory to justify how your proposed solution will address the underlying causes of the issue.
Reference your course readings to support your submission.
The Problem-Solving Strategies and Sample document is helpful to review to understand how a problem-solving strategy can be applied.
Guidelines for Submission: Your submission should be 2 to 3 pages in length (in addition to title and reference pages) and should use double spacing, 12-