Module 1 – SLP
GLOBAL HEALTH AT A GLANCE
Metrics for Global Health Status
It is important to understand how health is measured on a global scale. There are some metrics for assessing health and well-being that are unique to global health contexts. For this SLP Assignment:
- Define the following and provide an example for each Key Health Status Indicator:
- Infant mortality rate
- Life expectancy at birth
- Maternity mortality ratio
- Under-5 mortality rate
- Health-adjusted life expectancy (HALE)
- Disability-adjusted life year (DALY)
- If you could select only one indicator to describe the health status of a developing country, which indicator would you pick and why?
Be sure to use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles from the Online Library, and government, university, or nonprofit organizations’ Web sites.
Length: 2–3 pages (excluding the cover page and reference list), double-spaced.