1. The problem-solving argument for diversity suggests that more diverse organizations will be more competitive because they tend to:
2. Which of the following refers to the cultural composition of a group or organization?
3. Employees who add value to a firm simply because of what they know are called _____.
4. The glass ceiling is best described as a _____.
5. In the context of human resource management and social issues, which of the following jobs traditionally included manufacturing automobile license plates, repairing roads, or doing the laundry for other state institutions, but that situation has been changing?
6. In the context of the actions that individuals can take to deal with diversity, empathy most likely means:
7. Which of the following statements is true of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
8. In the context of organizational learning, which of the following statements is true of individual learning?
9. Which of the following statements is true of affirmative action?
10. The goods produced by prison inmates at a low cost can compete openly with goods produced by _____.
11. Organizations that practice pay secrecy:
12. Which of the following are designed to assist employees who have chronic problems with alcohol or drugs or who have serious domestic problems?
13. The actual funding for Social Security benefits comes from the _____.
14. Which of the following statements is true of employee assistance plans?
15. Which of the following statements is true of the Fair Labor Standards Act?
16. The third step in the factor-comparison method for job evaluation is:
17. Which of the following is an issue related to executive compensation?
18. The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974:
19. Which of the following is true of an organization’ s pay-for-knowledge approach?
20. Which of the following is a disadvantage of using an above-market compensation strategy?