This discussion board is aligned with the module objective “Demonstrate community assessments and apply the principles of epidemiology.” As part of the discussion you will:
· Review the concepts of epidemiology in disease control and prevention (p. 70-78).
· Apply ecosocial epidemiology paradigm (macro-level) to one of your chosen diagnosis from module 1 written assignment (p.72).
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
· Initial Post: Fri, Sep 3 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
· Response Post: Sun, Sep 5 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
· Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
· Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
· Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
· Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.