must pay attention to detail
- Create a research question for a study that will help fill a gap and provide benefits in a field.
- Design a research strategy in order to answer a research question.
- Evaluate research and data that can help answer the research question and support a hypothesis.
- Draft a paper that answers the research question based on findings.
- Revise research and writing based on feedback.
- Compose a report inclusive of research and data analysis.
You have received your master’s degree and now have a job in your field. Your boss has encouraged you to do research on a topic in your field and write a scholarly paper for publication. You remember that you took a graduate course in Research and Writing, in which you already did some work on a research question you have always been interested in. This will be an opportunity for you to pursue that research question in more detail and put everything together in a scholarly paper.
Create a research question you are interested in, conduct the research to answer that question, and write a complete scholarly paper on your question. This paper should contain the following sections:
- An introductory section that explains your research question, your purpose, and how your paper fills a deficiency or gap in the research. Also explain any limitations to your study and how you dealt with any potential ethical issues.
- A section reviewing the current literature on this topic. This section should discuss as least five relevant and current articles related to your research question.
- A section on the methods you followed to perform your research.
- A section on data collection and analysis.
- A section that details your findings.
- A concluding section that evaluates the usefulness of your study and any practical implications it has.