Discussion: Qualitative Designs
access_timeAugust 22, 2020
perm_identity Posted by Alex Tutor
folder_open Solved Questions
To prepare for this discussion, read the instructor guidance, and Sections 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.3, “Steps” in Section 3.4, 3.5, 4.3, and Chapter 5 of the Newman (2016) textbook.
In contrast to qualitative designs, which are all basically non-experimental and descriptive, quantitative research designs may be either experimental or non-experimental. Within the non-experimental category, descriptive and correlational research are sub-categories.
Using the Ashford University Library databases, look for a scholarly/peer-reviewed quantitative research study on the topic (DEPRESSION IN TEENS) you selected in Week 1. In your initial post,
- Appraise the differences between experimental and non-experimental research.
- Differentiate between a correlational study and an experimental study.
- State the hypothesis being tested in the selected quantitative research study.
- Identify the major variables and categorize them as independent or dependent.
- Describe the methods and results of the study.
- Determine whether the study is descriptive, correlational, or experimental, and explain why it fits this classification.