Week 8 Assignment: Final Paper
Assignment (Change Project (Paper)
Page length will vary; however, paper should be no less than 5 pages and no more than 12 pages excluding the Cover Page and References.
Through research and investigation, each student is to provide an in depth analysis and solution to a critical issue confronting the diversity perspective. The purpose of this assignment is to engage solutions which can be presented in a form a proposal. This proposal can take several forms. For example, a policy recommendation (i.e. affirmative action), a diversity curriculum for public schools, a diversity training curriculum for a non-profit agency, etc. The objective is to devise a strategy for change that can further promote social justice issues related to human diversity. This strategy will be presented in the following format:
- Action steps
- Literature Review
- Final Product (CD, scrapbook, video, curriculum guide, skills-based guide)
Below is an example of a proposal regarding a project assisting a non-profit agency with revision of their youth development curriculum.
To engage high school students in effective diversity dialogue
- to create a locally relevant skill-based guide for building community through dialogue
- to create a locally relevant response guide for high school students who seek to become agents of change for social justice & inclusion
High school students ages 14-18 who have participated in the Anytown program. To learn more about Anytown please visit our website at www.communitytampabay.org
Suggested action steps
- Become familiar with Community Tampa Bay’s vision mission and programs (particularly Anytown)
- Research what has been done that is relevant to this task
- Interview and/or conduct focus groups with Anytown graduates
- Interview and/or conduct focus groups with Anytown volunteers
- Create draft product
- Pilot with a group of students (ideally high school if possible or first year college students)
- Finalize and submit for review by CTB
- Make changed and upgrades
Please use APA format/citation style if your major is within the College of Business. Students with other majors can follow their school’s prescribed format.