Integrating BSN Concepts
Module A Reflection Paper
This paper will help you focus on your experience, knowledge, and insights from the RN-BSN Program. You will reflect on how completing the program has changed your practice and will continue to impact your practice in the future. This is your final scholarly paper in this program so the expectations for scholarly presentation and APA are higher than they were at the start of the program. You should be ready to write graduate level papers at the conclusion of this course. Following these instructions should help you achieve “Competent” to “Proficient” ratings on the grading rubric. If you wish to receive “Exemplary” ratings you will need to add something more than what is specified that is highly relevant to your discussion.
• A Title Page is Required
• The paper should be a minimum of 3 pages in length and should not exceed 5 pages in addition to title page and reference page
• Use the template from the Scholarly Writing tab to assist you with APA format
• Include a strong introduction and conclusion
• Use headings to label the parts of the paper
• Paragraphs need to be a minimum of three sentences, preferably four-five sentences.
• See the grading rubric for detailed grading information
• Content: Describe the differences between yourself as an Associate Degree and Baccalaureate Degree nurse. How is your practice different? Is your thinking different? Do you feel different? What is the most surprising thing that you have learned? What is the biggest thing that you have learned about yourself in the process of completing the program? Provide examples of how you have applied what you have learned in your work or other professional nursing activities.
• Scholarly Presentation: Is your content logical and well organized? Did you correct spelling, grammar and punctuation errors?
• APA: Do you have adequate citations and references? Is at least one reference not a required text? Are your references current (preferably within 5 years but up to 10 years ok)? Did you check formatting errors so that all citations and references are done correctly? Are all citations on the reference list? Are all references cited?
Introduction-Provide an overview of your unique paper.
Content – minimum 3 pages in addition to title page and reference page
Address how completing the program has changed you as a nurse/your nursing practice. Reflect on one or more ways that you have changed your practice as you have completed the program. Reflect on what your next steps are now that you will have your BSN.
Conclusion- Summarize key points from your unique paper.
*Rubric attached, must follow rubric to get credit.