In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: Healthcare Policy Assignment Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
- You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)
- Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
- Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed: https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process (Links to an external site.)
- For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft Office 365 Training (Links to an external site.) may be helpful.
- Include the following information in your presentation
- Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
- Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
- Bill summary (in your own words)
- Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
- How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
- How might this bill impact your community?
- References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
- No more than 12 slides
There is no required form or template for this assignment. Please use PowerPoint best practices throughout your presentation.
Cite all sources on the appropriate slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.