This week you continue your work on the HCC HIT system upgrade project by drafting several components of your project team’s security plan to prevent and manage breaches to data, confidentiality and privacy.
You will also update your Healthy Care Community recommended network architecture design from the Week One Healthy Care Community HIT Design Proposal individual assignment.
Part 1 – Security and Privacy Plan
Use your proposed design from the Week One Healthy Care Community HIT Design Proposal individual assignment complete this assignment.
Develop the following components of a Security and Privacy Plan for the planned HCC HIT design:
- A description of five security requirements that must be addressed to implement a cloud-based solution (e.g., protecting data in transit and ensuring only authorized patients have access to their information) into your recommended HIT network design and how these requirements differ from those needed for the current local solutions
- The identification of three viable threats to confidentiality and privacy of HCC patient data and to your recommended HCC HIT system
- An appropriate mix of compliance and security countermeasure recommendations for each identified security requirement and viable threat, including:
- Hardware control recommendations (technical controls)
- Software configuration recommendations (technical controls)
- IT administrative policy and practice recommendations (administrative controls)
- User best practice recommendations (operational controls)
Document your security plan components as a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
Part 2 – Revised HIT Architecture Diagram
Revise your proposed Healthy Care Community HIT Architecture Diagram from your Week One Healthy Care Community HIT Design Proposal individual assignment by completing the following:
- Incorporate key learnings and takeaways
- Identify the location and types of your security control recommendations from Part 1 of this assignment
ALL REFERENCE DOCS WILL BE INCLUDED ONCE CONFIRMED