Channels and Metrics
NOTE: At the start of your discussion post, remind your peers of the company and product/service you have chosen for your marketing campaign.
Choose one social media channel and one traditional channel that you plan to use in your marketing campaign. For each channel, answer the following questions:
- Why is this channel an appropriate choice to promote your product or service?
- What type of data will you be able to collect related to your use of this channel in your campaign?
- What metrics and KPIs might be useful in assessing your return on investment for this channel?
Dr. Crispin’s Weekly Discussion Thought Starter
In calculating the ROMI for your product, what metrics would you use to best determine the ROMI for your digital marketing campaign? Remember ROMI = Profit – Investment Cost/Investment Cost
As part of your investment cost, would you also include the time invested by people over and above your marketing investment? How would you calculate the Profit Metric for your product and why? Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on advertising spending and investment, would you expect ROMI to go up or down?
Advertising post-COVID 19: Disruption to change dynamics, increased focus on ROMI
Click HERE or copy the URL below
Now consider the company’s own website, which is also a digital marketing channel. Answer the following questions about the company website:
- What type of content will be needed on your own website to promote your product or service?
- What type of data will you be able to collect from the company website to assess ROI? How will you collect this data?