INTRODUCTION TO DATA MINING
For this project, you will write a 3-5 page APA formatted paper on a business problem that requires data mining. You will select an organization that has a business problem that requires data mining, why the problem is interesting, the general approach you plan to take, what kind of data you plan to use, and finally how you plan to get the data. You should describe your problem, approach, dataset, data analysis, evaluation, discussion, references, and so on, insufficient details, and you need to show supporting evidence in tables and/or figures. You need to provide captions for all tables and figures.
The paper should include the following sections each called out with Headers.
· Introduction: Overview of the Term Paper.
· Background: The section should be a Company Overview that includes the company name, the industry they are in, and a general overview of the organization.
· Challenges: Discuss the challenges that the organization has with a particular business problem around data mining.
· Solution: Describe the organization’s Data Mining implementation and the benefits they realized from the implementation. What was the result of implementing Data Mining? Did they meet their objectives for fall short?
· Conclusion: Summarize the most important ideas from the paper and also make recommendations or how they might have achieved even greater success.
· References: Please include a separate reference page with at least 3 references.
The paper must adhere to APA guidelines including Title and Reference pages. There should be at least three scholarly sources listed on the reference page. Each source should be cited in the body of the paper to give credit where due. Per APA, the paper should use a 12-point Time New Roman font, should be double spaced throughout, and the first sentence of each paragraph should be indented .5 inches. The body of the paper should be 3 – 5 pages in length. The Title and Reference pages do not count towards the page count requirements.
Your paper should include an abstract and a conclusion and a reference page with 3-5 references.