Week 6 – Discussion
77 unread replies.77 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Marketing Through Positive Communication
Marketing Through Positive Communication. 1st Post Due by Day 3. Marketing is about much more than placing an advertisement in the local paper or planning a special event. Strong family relationships that reflect positive interactions should be seen as the driving force of your program’s success. Effective family relationships are often centered around comprehensive systems of communication. These systems can be composed of items such as daily logs for the families, regular newsletters, accident and incident reports, orientation and open house programs, and parent conferences. This discussion will focus on the creation of relationships with families for overall program success. After reading the assigned chapters from the textbook for this week, please respond to the following:
In your initial post,
- Explain the difference between internal and external marketing found in Chapter 8.
- Give at least two examples of each that you think are essential to program success.
- Provide a rational.
- Briefly describe the three approaches to working with families found in Chapter 12.
- Highlight that which most closely aligns with your thinking
- Explain why you chose that approach.
- Thinking about the program you have chosen to work with for this course, answer the following questions:
- What is the program currently doing to actively cultivate positive perceptions among their current clients and community?
- Are there features of the program that might result in negative perceptions?
- How might they add to their communication strategies with families and the community to building stronger, more positive relationships?