You are the chief of police of Stretch City and a weapon of mass destruction was just detonated at Mid-City High School. You have over 100 casualties as a direct result of the explosion and you have a credible threat that there may be several secondary devices somewhere within a few blocks of the school. Also, when they heard about the explosion, a group of people downtown began rioting, ransacking stores, and screaming that the government is not adequately protecting the community. As a result, you need to get the victims to the hospital, evacuate the neighborhood, communicate with the victims’ parents, and quell the disturbance downtown.
In a 3 to 5 page paper, explain what types of panic do the hysteria at the school, the rush to evacuate, the fear of the parents, and the rioting downtown fall into? Why? Taking each one of these situations separately, what would be the best police response, so as to minimize the panic? After this entire incident has ended and the police administrative staff is debriefing and trying to think of ways that this could have gone more smoothly, what suggestions would you make for general training or guidelines that may have resulted in less panic overall?
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Include a cover page and references page in 10–12 point font. (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English. (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.
You should also make sure to:
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date.
- Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level. communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
- Use examples to support your discussion.
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format.
- Cite why you believe your sources are credible.
- Use at least two credible sources outside of the text.
For more information on how to state why your sources are credible, review the credibility of sources PowerPoint.
Submitting Your Assignment
Compose your 3- to 5-page paper in Microsoft Word and save your document in the following format: Last name First name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn Unit 8 Assignment). Submit your Assignment by selecting the Unit 8: Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 8.
Download the Assignment Checklist.