The chosen subject must be Euclid or Archimedes
Research the mathematician from the Middles Ages to the 19th century you chose in Week One.
Use your selected topic as the basis of one of the three assignment options.
Be sure to choose a different assignment type than you selected for the Week 1 Mathematical Happenings assignment.
Include the following information about the mathematician you chose for whichever assignment option you select:
- Briefly describe their place of birth, family life, upbringing, education, work experience, geographical location, and the circumstances surrounding their death.
- Identify specific examples of his or her contributions; not limited to mathematics.
- Describe their most important mathematical work and results. In your description, address what the person is most remembered for within the mathematical community.
- Explain how the person evaluated their mathematical findings for accuracy.
- Describe how other mathematicians and/or scientists responded to the findings of the person during and shortly after their lifetime.
- Identify future mathematicians and/or scientists that were influenced by this person’s work.
Option 3: Presentation
Create a 15- to 30-slide presentation of a biography for your selected mathematician.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are presentations with presenter’s notes.
Format any citations in your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.