1. June Frankel, a 23-year-old patient, presents to the emergency department with a sports-related fracture injury to her right arm and receives a long-arm fiberglass cast. (Learning Objective 2)
- What nursing assessment should the nurse provide after the cast has been applied?
- What nursing interventions should the nurse provide?
2. Sue Newhart, a 55-year-old patient, is admitted to the medical-surgical unit after a total hip arthroplasty due to osteoarthritis. (Learning Objective 7)
- What considerations should the nurse follow when positioning the patient in bed after hip surgery?
- What nursing interventions should the nurse provide the patient?