LEASE READ THE Instructions
- Complete the task of forming teams and assigning responsibilities within the group.
- As a group, review and develop a team charter agreement.
- As a group, identify anticipated challenges in regards to group work and formulate a strategy to overcome them.
- Outline your project strategy for the month, including the company your group has selected and the challenge they are attempting to overcome.
This video provides you with a high level overview of what to expect from this week’s discussion and provides you with important tips on how to build a successful group this month.
Below is a list of common businesses and project ideas that student groups use. We suggest selecting companies and projects outside of this list.
Choose one spokesperson for your group, who will be responsible for making the initial post on behalf of the ENTIRE group. All other group members MUST post a reply to the initial posting with the statement “I agree to the terms mentioned above.” before the deadline.
- List the members in your group.
- Identify the company you have selected.
- Describe the problem, opportunity, or need you have identified for the company.
- Support this with at least three data points from an industry trend report source and at least two additional facts that support the problem, opportunity, need you’ve identified.
- In addition, explain the context of this data to the challenge you are attempting to overcome.
- Describe the solution you and your team have developed to answer or fix the challenge you identified.
- Develop your team charter by outlining how you will delegate duties and deadlines for individual contribution as well as the expectations for all members. Consider the following:
- Contact information and when each team member is available to meet as a group.
- The roles and responsibilities of each group member within the project.
- Challenges your group anticipates having and steps you will take to overcome these challenges.
- Review the hyperlinked article and accompanying video (approximately 7 minutes total read and watch). Once completed, as a group, discuss the concept of psychological safety within your group and identify three tactics you will use to ensure this is afforded and adhered to within your team.
Second Post Due Sunday By 9:30 pm
This is an individual post. Each student will complete this on their own.
- Identify a direct or indirect competitor of your proposed solution and explain the reasoning behind your selection. Ex. Netflix and Hulu compete in the streaming marketing. Both have original content and licensing agreements with other content creation companies. They differ in that Hulu has next day episodes of network and some cable challenge content whereas Netflix does not. If Netflix were to open a series of theaters available to watch their content, they would no longer just be competing in the streaming market. They would now be competing against other theater companies such as AMC, Regal, and Cinemark.
- Explain how they compete against one another.
- Compare the similarities and differences of the competitive products and services.
- Considering your team’s solution, identify an area of concern or trend that applies to one of the PEST categories. Write a short narrative explaining how this may impact the structure or outcome of your proposal and include at least one fact that supports your findings. It would be helpful if you select a different category from your team members, since you will be responsible for including all areas of PEST in your proposal.