Reem Bassous https://www.reembassous.studio/
Reem Bassous received her BA from The Lebanese American University and her MFA from The George Washington University. She started teaching drawing and painting in 2001 at The George Washington University, taught at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa for 9 years, and is currently an instructor at Leeward Community College at the University of Hawaiʻi. Bassous’ regional and national exhibitions include solo shows at the Honolulu Museum of Art, SBCAST Gallery in Santa Barbara, and the Washington Studio School Gallery, in Washington DC. Her work has been reviewed by various publications which include the Washington Post, Art Asia Pacific and Star Advertiser. Bassous’ work is in permanent collections which include the Honolulu Museum of Art and Shangri La Museum for Islamic Art, Culture and Design.
Reem Bassous: Creating Art with Darkness | Dark Matters | IN FLUX | S5 E1 | Nights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5I8G3cbtIU
Assignment #1: Response Paper (Due: August 11, Tuesday, 12:00 PM)
To prepare for Professor Bassous’ lecture and the painting project, please conduct your research and write a response paper.
1) You’ll be writing a response paper based on your research through various online sources with subjects on Black Lives Matter (BLM) and the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S. Please avoid Wikipedia.
2) Write one paragraph of your response paper.
3) Do not include a summarization of your research information/data.
4) Do include “your own responses” such as: your reactions, thoughts, opinions, analysis.
5) Submit your response paper on Gauchospace.
As much as possible, please write your honest response which can be controversial. The contents of the paper will not be reflected in your grade. Your response paper will be shared with Professor Bassous prior to her lecture, however, I’ll keep them anonymous.