After completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
- Discuss what performance management is and how it influences effective teams.
- Review table 11.1, define leadership behaviors (in your own words) and note which behaviors are beneficial at specific organizational activities (example: project planning, leading coworkers, etc…). Please note at least five organizational activities and be specific when responding.
- Note at least two organizational capabilities and compare and contrast each.
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post.
Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
- Answer a question posted by another student in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source
- Make an argument
- HAO MENG, ZHI-CHAO CHENG, & TIAN-CHAO GUO. (2016). Positive Team Atmosphere Mediates the Impact of Authentic Leadership on Subordinate Creativity. Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 44(3), 355–368. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=s3h&AN=114485096&site=eds-live&custid=s8501869&groupid=main&profile=eds_new
- Brock, J. K.-U., & von Wangenheim, F. (2019). Demystifying AI: What Digital Transformation Leaders Can Teach You about Realistic Artificial Intelligence. California Management Review, 61(4), 110–134. https://doi.org/10.1177/1536504219865226 http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=buh&AN=138097013&site=eds-live&custid=s8501869&groupid=main&profile=eds_new
Chapter 11 & 12 Journal articles
- Journal Article 11.1: Budhwar, P.S. (2000) ‘A reappraisal of HRM models in Britain’, Journal of General Management, 26(2): 72–91
- Journal Article 11.2: Vermeeren, B., Kuipers, B. and Steijn, B. (2014) ‘Does leadership style make a difference? Linking HRM, job satisfaction, and organizational performance’, Review of Public Personnel Administration, 34(2): 174–195.
- Journal Article 12.1: Swailes, S. (2016) ‘The cultural evolution of talent management: a memetic analysis’, Human Resource Development Review, 15(3): 340–358.
- Journal Article 12.2: Kim, S. and McLean, G. N. (2012) ‘Global talent management: necessity, challenges, and the roles of HRD’, Advances in Developing Human Resources, 14(4): 566–585.