EcoFriendly Travel’s marketing department would like you to add some pictures to the website, advertising the newest travel packages. They will be dropped into a grid layout, and will need to be the same size and resolution. The marketing department would also like you to add the name of the travel package at the bottom of each image. You will batch process the files to save time.
1. Download and save all the Travel Packages files into a folder named Travel Packages. Open Backpack Alaska.jpg in Photoshop.
2. Under the action set EcoWeb, create a new action named Crop and Name
3. Record the following tasks:
• Crop the image to 200 pixels square with a resolution of 72, and a 1-pixel-wide black border.
• Under the image, create a rectangle that has a left-to-right linear gradient with the following settings:
• Left color stop: RGB color of 255, 240, 0 and Location of 50
• Right color stop: RGB color of 255, 240, 0 and Location of 100
• Left opacity stop: 100% and Location of 50
• Right opacity stop: 0% and Location of 100
4. Add the text Backpack Alaska inside the rectangle.
5. Save the image as my_backpack_Alaska.psd for the web.
6. Close the file and stop recording.
7. Batch apply the action you just recorded to the folder, Travel Packages. Make the destination folder Travel Packages\TravelPackagesProcessed.
8. Make sure that Crop and Make Text Layer use a modal dialog box, so you can make adjustments to each image along the way.