Primary Or Secondary Research Paper
Human Resource Initiatives (Primary Research Assignment)
Primary research for this assignment can be in the form of a personal or telephone interview. With COVID-19, please utilize technology to conduct your interview, so the interview is not face-to-face (teleconference, video conference, etc.). The person must be an expert in the human resource field, someone who has first-hand experience with the initiative or issue, reporting of direct observation from you in a researcher role or a human resource role.
Secondary research does not require an interview and we continue to gather data by utilizing existing research.
Topic: Human Resource Working Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Remote Working Plan (telework)
- Business Continuity Plan
- Managing Employee Communication
- Maintaining Organizational Culture
- Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Engaging Remote Employees
- Essential versus Non-Essential Employees
- Implementation of Preventative Measures
- Considerations to Remain Open or Re-Opening
- Investment in Technology
- Handling of Sick Leave and/or Time-Off
Our paper must select a minimum of 5 COVID-19 HR related topics.
- Person to interview
- Consider the COVID-19 learning objectives or concepts of interest to research
- 5-6 page paper demonstrating an understanding of Human Resource application of course concepts
- A minimum of 6 references
- We must use a minimum of 3 references from our Annotated Bibliography.
- We must use information from the course textbook to support your paper.
- Find additional peer-reviewed journal articles from Welder Library E-Resources or Google Scholar to support your paper (minimum of 5). Your articles must be within the last 10 years.
Write a 5-6 page paper demonstrating an understanding of the application of course concepts. A good rule of thumb is to introduce the subject discussed and use the information from your interview to support the subject. You must include citations from the course textbook and a minimum of four scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles (from Welder Library E-resources) to support your paper. Also, make sure how to review how to cite an interview in APA. (Links to an external site.)
- Your paper is required to be in APA.
- Include a title page
- You do NOT need an abstract
- Avoid first person.
- Include a reference page with a minimum of 6 sources (the course textbook and 5 peer reviewed journal articles). If you list a source as a reference, you must include an in-text citation within your paper for that source.v