Professional Experience #4
For Professional Experience #4, you will create an outline of your presentation in Word or Excel using short bullet points and key information that you want to communicate (in either your audio or video recording for Week 8). You will be provided with an outline example and you may choose to use that example format or create your own for this Professional Experience.
Step One: Access, download, and review the “Presentation Outline Sample” document that is provided to you as an example.
Step Two: Save the Outline Template to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example file name: Ed_Buchanan_Presentation_Outline
Step Three: Review the Outline Guidelines that you will use to create an outline for your Week 8 presentation based on Week 6’s PowerPoint presentation. Note: A video preview is available under the Week 7 tab in Blackboard. Make sure you leave the comments column blank so your instructor can provide feedback.
- Use Microsoft Word or Excel only to complete your outline.
- Use short bullet points, rather than long paragraphs.
- Focus only on the key points in your Week 6 presentation; avoid discussing less important details.
- Refer to the example outline (provided in the Student Center).
- Base your submission on the outline format in the example or create your own for this Professional Experience.
Note: You may use the provided Presentation Outline Sample or develop a different outline of your own using Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel. Be sure that you save the file name using the naming convention outlined in Step Two if you choose not to use the outline example that you downloaded and saved previously.
Step Four: Save all changes you made to your document and submit your completed outline for your instructor’s review using the Professional Experience #4 assignment link in Blackboard