Qualitative Research Critique
access_timeAugust 22, 2020
perm_identity Posted by Alex Tutor
folder_open Solved Questions
Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference for the qualitative research study to be critiqued in this assignment. (PROVIDED IN ATTACHMENTS)
Farmer, J. R., Mackinnon, S. P., & Crowie, M (2017). Perfectionism and life narratives: A qualitative study. SAGE Open, 7(3), 1-14. Doi:10.1177/2158244017721733
After reading the posted study, use the Qualitative Research Critique Template to compose and organize your assignment.
In your paper,
- Summarize the research question, methods, and findings of the assigned qualitative study.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the research methods and analytical approaches used in the study. Support the position with evidence cited from the textbook and at least one other scholarly source about the research design or method.
- Analyze ethical issues pertaining to how the study was carried out.
- Critique the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study.
- Recommend a research question and methods for a follow-up study on the topic.
- Utilize the provided template with section headings.
The Qualitative Research Critique paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) using the template provided and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) The template is a Word document that is pre-formatted in APA style. If unable to use the pre-formatted template, see the following instructions for formatting.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Qualitative Research Critique Checklist
- Find the following article for this assignment: Farmer, J. R., Mackinnon, S. P., & Crowie, M (2017). Perfectionism and life narratives: A qualitative study. SAGE Open, 7(3), 1-14. Doi:10.1177/2158244017721733
- Download the Qualitative Research Critique Template
- Summarize the research questions, methods and analytical approaches used in the study.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the research methods and analytical approaches in the study. Make sure to support your position with evidence from the readings.
- Analyze the ethical issues (treatment of subjects and approval).
- Critique strengths, weaknesses and limitations of study.
- Recommend future research questions and methods for a future study.
- Paper includes a title page and reference page with at least three references.