- Background: According to Kirk (2019), annotations, colors, and composition will have a significant role in your visualizations. You have to be careful with the delicate balance of each. This then leads to a functional harmony of presentability and usefulness as you master data visualizations. The harmony of annotations, colors, and composition you select during design will impact many aspects of the overall visualization.
Assignment: After reviewing chapters 8-10, write a research paper that contains the following:
- Discuss the impact of including headings and introductions in technical presentations
- Discuss the importance of chart labeling, captions, references, and footnotes
- Be sure to include the applicability of each
- Also, detail the specific instances where chart labeling, captions, references, and footnotes are required
- Discuss typography and the importance of the appearance of text
- Discuss the balance between functional decorations and optimizing data legibility in your charts, including:
- Complementary colors
- Analogous colors
- Triadic colors
- Discuss presentation layout, arrangement, and sizing
- Your research paper should be at least 5 pages (800 words), double-spaced, have at least 4 APA references, and typed in an easy-to-read font in MS Word (other word processors are fine to use but save it in MS Word format). Your cover page should contain the following: Title, Student’s name, University’s name, Course name, Course number, Professor’s name, and Date.
Submit your assignment on or before the due date.