Please only provide short answers for the discussion topic and the case study question. No more than 2 sentence response.
- Discussion Topic: What are the three major causes of brain damage in childhood?
- Discussion Topic: Why would you use distraction versus traction?
Adam is a 6-year-old boy who dove head first in the shallow end of a swimming pool. Unable to move, he sank to the bottom of the pool and was rescued by his mother. His father called the emergency medical services (EMS) while the mother provided mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The EMS arrived and continued the resuscitation and placed him in a cervical collar. Adam was placed on a backboard and began to breathe on his own while en route to a trauma center. The neurologic assessment revealed paralysis of the upper and lower extremities, and cervical spine x-ray images and a magnetic resonance image (MRI) confirmed a C6-C7 complete transection injury. The patient was intubated before going into surgery for decompression of the injury.
- Into what types of shock could the patient go? What symptoms did the patient exhibit?
- Post the initial response to each discussion by Wednesday11:59 pm, EST. A zero will be given for late submissions.
- Initial responses should be no more than 2 sentences and include citations from your textbook with the page number. ( Perry, S. E., Hockenberry, M. J., Lowdermilk, D. L., & Wilson, D. (2018). Maternal Child Nursing Care (6th ed.). St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier.)
- Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.