- Strategic Planning Implementation and Evaluation
Building on the Strategic Plan from Week 3, prepare a 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint with narration of your plan to present to the Executive Committee.
In this assignment, use the healthcare organization you selected for your Strategic Plan from Week 3. Determine why you are embarking on this strategic planning process, (securing funding, establishing and focusing on organizational priorities, and so on) by creating a 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint to present to your Executive Committee. In this presentation:
- Establish a clear vision for the strategic planning process.
- Paint a picture of where your organization will be going and your desired outcomes.
- Ensure the picture is reality and not what you or your Executive Committee may “want” to happen.
- Make certain the strategic plan allows employees to know why the organization is changing.
- Assignment Format
Your 10-slide PowerPoint should follow this format.
Slide 1: Cover Page
- Include the title of your presentation, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date.
- Slide 2: Background / Executive Summary
- The title of this slide should be Executive Summary.
- Describe the details of the situation.
- Use bullets with short phrases.
- Slide 3: Thesis Statement
- The title of this slide should be Thesis Statement.
- Identify the focus of your research.
- Slides 4–9: Support
- Support your Thesis Statement following the SESC formula: State, Explain, Support, and Conclude. (Use Sublevel 1 and 2 Headings to provide coherence and organization.) An overview of using the Sublevel 1 and Sublevel 2 headings is provided in the APA Style – Formatting the Title Page, Abstract, and Body video.
- Provide in-text citations using the format in the American Psychological Association (APA) Manual 2010, 6th Edition.
- Slides should be concise–basically no more than seven bullets per slide and no more than seven words per bullet.
- Most information in a PowerPoint presentation should be contained within the notes section.
- Slide 10: References
- Locate at least 3 peer reviewed journal articles to support your work. For example, to identify clinical quality that does not compare to other hospitals, see the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare site.
- Use APA format for your references. (For help with APA in-text citations and your reference list, refer to Citation Machine.)
- Note: Refer to the Kaltura instructions and PowerPoint resources in Week 5 Assignment Preparation for support in completing this assignment.
Strayer Writing Standards
This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Grading Criteria
The grading criteria for this assignment is as follows. Your presentation must include the elements listed below so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Determine why you are embarking on this strategic planning process.
- Analyze the difference between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Justify the analytical tool that will be the most effective in helping the organization achieve its strategic plan; support proposal with example of how it will be used.
- Examine the three internal and three external factors that you discovered during your research that could be a barrier to the success of your proposed strategic plan; discuss solutions to each of the barriers.
- Examine the most effective manner of the specific segments of the market that your organization’s strategic plan will target.
- Evaluate how well the strategic plan you have developed aligns with the organization’s mission and vision. Recommend at least one solution to track the effectiveness of your strategic plan.
- Use at least three quality academic resources.
- Use the Strayer Library for resources.
- Meet clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements.