Obtain and examine the International Society for Technology in Education and Standards for Teachers and Standards for Students (ISTE Web site) completing the following:
- Select 1 curricular area such as language arts, mathematics, science, or humanities
- Design an educational evaluation plan for a school district, college, or corporate site that includes the ISTE Standards for students as its outcomes.
- What are the pros and cons of using data from the following stakeholders to demonstrate that standards have been met?
- Education support employees
- Business and community leaders
Answer the following questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of applying e-learning technology to K–12 curriculum?
- What potential obstacles or advantages can you see to application of technology standards to adult education and higher education?
- What cautionary guidelines would you recommend to educators as they attempt to integrate the ISTE Standards for Teacher standards into a curriculum and into an organization?
- Use the full-text databases in the AIU Library and other peer-reviewed resources for your research. Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
For more information on APA, please visit the APA Lab.
In your own words, post a substantive response to the Discussion Board question(s) and comment on other postings. Your response should address the DB question(s) and move the conversation forward. You will be graded on the quality of your postings, including mastery of the concept as well as critical thinking. If asked for your opinion, do not simply state that it is a good or bad idea; elaborate on your reasons and argument. Include enough detail to substantiate your thinking as well as your position on the questions or comments.