Upon successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
1. Understand and determine the taxable income of taxpayers and correctly calculate the tax payable
2. Critically analyse and appreciate the economic, social and legal issues arising from differing taxes.
3. Understand the differences between: allowable and non-allowable deductions, different capital gains
events and the effect of rebates on taxable income.
4. Identify the impact of taxation on different forms of business structures.
5. Communicate knowledge of taxation law clearly, both in writing and orally, and be open to critical
analysis of own and others’ ideas.6. Interpret relevant taxation legislation and rules accurately and apply
to problem scenarios.