Crash Course Video: Congo and Africa’s World War
- What is Africa’s World War?
- Who is Leopold II, and how was he related to the Congo?
- How did decolonization affect the region?
- Who is Joseph Mobutu, and what did he do in the Congo?
- How did Mobutu maintain power?
- Who was Paul Kagame? How is he related to the genocide in Rwanda?
- Who is Laurent-Desire Kabila? How is he related to the AFDL?
- What is the first Congo War? What is the second Congo War?
- Who is Joseph Kabila?
- What is China’s role in the Congo? Is this new colonialism?
- What role has the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) played in the recent history of Africa?
CrashCourse. (2015, January 16). Congo and Africa’s World War: Crash course world history 221 [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uArRzwKHvE&feature=youtu.be